The church has been existence in Brotherton since
1838 and the current building was erected soon afterwards.
The final service at Brotherton was held on the afternoon of 27 March 2016 - Easter
Day when some 50 from the Airevale Group, former congregation and friends from the
village assembled at the service led by Rev’d Kevin Watson, Moderator of the Yorkshire
Although this closure marks the end of non-conformist worship in the village, the
Church of England parish church remains.